Sunday 26 August 2012

My Wifi Networks Suddenly Stopped Showing Up (Easy Solution)

How To Make WiFi Networks Reappear After Suddenly Disappearing


So, one day I turn on my laptop and try to connect to my WiFi network, but I don't see any WiFi networks. I restarted my computer a couple of times, tried to run it in safe mode but there was no use. I couldn't even find any solutions on the internet. Other sites say that you need to update your driver etc BUT HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA UPDATE MY DRIVER WHEN MY INTERNET IS NOT WORKING. So, I tried to fix it without any internet. You can fix it in a few steps. BTW I have Windows 7 Pro (64-Bit).


STEP 1: 
Make sure you press the F2 button on your keyboard so that your WiFi is on. It is F2 on my laptop.


This will show when you press F2. Make sure the white border is around the first one. Like in the picture.



STEP 2:- 
Now click on start and type 'Update Drivers'. Then click on 'Update Device Drivers'. Then a window will open.



STEP 3:-
Now, like in the picture, double click 'Networks Adapters'.
Then click WLAN Half Mini Card. I'm not sure that it will be WLAN Half Mini Card but it might be similar to that.



STEP 4:-
After clicking 'WLAN Half Mini Card', a dialogue box will open.
Click on the General tab and click on 'Enable Device'. Another dialogue box will open, click next and then click finish.

Your WLAN will be enables in a few seconds, then check your networks.
If it still doesn't shows up then there's another problem and I would suggest that you show it to your laptop's manufacturer.
Feel free to ask any questions related to this post.
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment